forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sitemap.xmap: maybe a bug
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:33:26 GMT
On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:48:32AM +0200, Steven Noels wrote:
> Same here: mozilla tells me the maximum numbers of redirects has been
> succeeded. I've been thinking to add that trailing slash (on a
> customer's installation, I even made that redirect internal using
> cocoon:/index.html once), but would like to hear the rationale behind
> it. Jeff?

I just tried a static render with:

      <map:match pattern="">
        <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/index.html" />
      </map:match>
      <map:match type="regexp" pattern="^.+/$">
        <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/{1}/index.html"/>
      </map:match>

And was quite surprised when it worked. (almost.. PDF image broke due to
'path' being wrong).  Wouldn't it be neat if the CLI wrote .htaccess
redirects when serializing a sitemap redirect :)

Anyway, the old "index.html" redirect should work now with the new Jetty.
Is there any reason to prefer an internal Cocoon redirect?

--Jeff