forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: sitemap.xmap: maybe a bug
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 00:54:08 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
> > Anyway, the old "index.html" redirect should work now with the new Jetty.
> > Is there any reason to prefer an internal Cocoon redirect?
>
> Crawling the site with htdig which doesn't like visible (302) redirects.
> I've switched to CLI instead of webapp, so this isn't a strong
> requirement anymore.

I may have a related problem ...

There is a strange problem with building the website
for xml-commons (not published yet, still). It was
working fine before, honest.

Recently Forrest started spewing errors and i get many
entries in brokenlinks.txt, such as:
components/external/history.html
components/external/components/resolver/index.html
The "components/external/" part should not be there at all.

This happens with today's cvs when using command-line
'forrest' build. However, the problem does not appear
with the 'forrest run'.

I tracked it down to this recent change to sitemap.xmap
When i reverted the second part of the change, then all
is fine for me. Making Steven's suggest change to do a
cocoon: redirect also worked for me.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=104905583121008