forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Schlierf, Stephan" <Stephan.Schli...@VSA.de>
Subject AW: Changing menu depth of krysalis skin
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 13:37:26 GMT
>>On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 01:00:27PM +0100, Schlierf, Stephan wrote:

---snip---

>> But I face the following problems:
> >> 1) The "#..." menu items are not displayed.
>
>That's a bug, which I've just fixed.

Uuups, thank you :-)! I I haven't yet time enough to test it but I will.

>> 2) As far as I understand the "menus and linking" document, the "home"
and
> >> "methods" tags will create the tabs, but they don't.
>
>No, they're not meant to.  Tabs are defined separately from the menu,
>in tabs.xml, not site.xml.

Okay, that's what I thought before.

>If you want, it certainly is possible to generate tabs.xml from
>site.xml.  I've got it prototyped locally.  But tabs are links, and
>top-level site.xml elements generally don't have @href attributes:
>
>   <methods label="Methodenhandbuch">
>        <intro label="Einf├╝hrung" href="methods/Einleitung.html"/>
>
>Here, what should the 'Methodenhandbuch' tab link to?  Perhaps the
>@href of the first child, 'methods/Einleitung.html'?  Does this always
>make sense?  What if the first entry is a sub-menu, also without a
>@href?

Hm, I see the problem. A solution I can imagine is to create the first
parent elements ("Methodenhandbuch" in this example) as tabs and let them
point to serveral index.html.
But, sure, this would mean that every tab corresponds to a subdirectory of
its own where the above mentioned index.html is located.

Stephan