forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gregor.rothf...@wyona.com>
Subject RE: forrest & lenya
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 15:55:38 GMT

Wow, *very* cool. It sure looks nice from the outside, even if since i
recently turned into a mac user, xopus doesn't work for me. :/
<<

you can open up the demo from mozilla, it (almost) works there too.

> - make it easier to stay in sync with forrest changes, maybe
>   through a new build target in forrest

Hmmm, I don't know if it's better to have it parallel to forrest or as a
subproject. What do others think?
<<

whatever works best for the 2 communities. no lenya committers are
forrest commiters, while some forrest committers are also lenya committers
by way of being cocoon committers and lenya being a cocoon subproject.

> - allow editing of site.xml through the browser

that would be *very* nice.
<<

we are watching the "spicing up site.xml" discussion with special interest.
site.xml is currently not good enough for our need, but could probably
be made good enough. we would prefer that route than doing our own thing.
i hope we can post a list of our requirements soon.

> - hook up bitflux editor

is bitflux able to work on mozilla?
<<

yes, in fact its mozilla only. this would be the alternative for people who
have no access to xopus on their platform.

> - investigate the use of site.xml as navigation framework inside
>   lenya

that would clearly help the integration.
<<

requirements forthcoming :)

I'm downloading right now.

expect comments real soon.
<<

great, thanks

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss   gregor.rothfuss@wyona.com  +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

OSCOM 3 - Third Open Source Content Management Conference
May 28th - 30th 2003, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
http://www.oscom.org/Conferences/Cambridge/