forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gregor.rothf...@wyona.com>
Subject forrest & lenya
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 15:06:32 GMT
dear forrest community,

a while back there was some discussion about possible synergies
between lenya and forrest. we now made a first step by turning
forrest into a lenya publication. what does this mean?

- xdoc files can be edited through the web by using xopus:
  http://blog.wyona.com/images/xopus-xdoc.jpg
  demo: http://195.226.6.70:8080/lenya/docs-new/introduction.html

- access to authoring is protected by the lenya authorization
  framework

- publishing of files, revision control and scheduling can
  easily be added

to eat our own dogfood, we are building the lenya documentation
on top of this proof of concept. we started with the webapp
target in forrest, and stripped it down until it ran inside
cocoon. we had to apply a trivial patch to the forrest sitemap
to make it work.

where do we go from here?

- make it easier to stay in sync with forrest changes, maybe
  through a new build target in forrest

- allow editing of site.xml through the browser

- hook up bitflux editor

- investigate the use of site.xml as navigation framework inside
  lenya

if you want to play with the code, it is available in our cvs at
cvs -d :pserv:anonymous@cvs.wyona.org/usr/local/repositories co lenya

i hope you find these experiments useful :)

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss   gregor.rothfuss@wyona.com  +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

OSCOM 3 - Third Open Source Content Management Conference
May 28th - 30th 2003, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
http://www.oscom.org/Conferences/Cambridge/