forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Ines Robbers" <ml...@comprehend.de>
Subject AW: Navigation problem
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:57:02 GMT
Hi Jeff,

> Let me see if I understand.  If we have:
>
> dir1/index.html
> dir2/index.html
> somefile.html
>
> You want a link to 'somefile.html' in both index.html files.
> Is that right?
>
> Yet you want the HTML in somefile.html to magically change
> tabs, depending on what linked to it? :)
>
> I think what you're looking for is HTML frames, so the top
> frame, containing the tabs, doesn't change, and only the body
> changes.  In Forrest, each page contains a static version of
> the menu and tabs.  One page can never have two different tab
> settings.

Yes, I discovered that so that why I did the following:

I stick my index file into a folder home which is one tab. (hence, I'm
not using xdocs/index.xml but instead xdocs/home/index.xml)
Then, in site.xml, I determine a menu for home/index.xml which includes
links to xdocs/studieninteressierte/index.xml and
xdocs/studierende/index.xml.
There is no tab active anymore - studieninteressierte and studierende is
not a tab but just a page with an own menu that I defined in site.xml
too.
Now, in the menus for studieninteressierte and studierende I have a link
to studnews/index.xml. When I click on Studien-News I want to get the
xdocs/studnews/index.xml page but keep the respective menu (either from
studieninteressierte or studierende). It's a bit like serverside
includes...

Is this really not possible *somehow* - even with a bad trick?

:-)

Thanks...

Ines