Cocoon is a framework for XML publishing. It can be used as standalone
or as webapplication.

Forrest uses Cocoon as library. Forrest can also be used as standalone
or as webapplication.

So if you work with Forrest, you have nothing to do with Cocoon - besides
a few things (sitemap, ...).

For used as webapplication a WebContainer (Servlet/JSP) is needed: for
example Tomcat.

--

Default skins are located in <forresthome>/context/skins.
Besides the common-directory, which contains share sources, each directory

Thats default - you can place your skin into another location. But then you
have to set the property project.skins-dir in the forrest.properties (and
all other properties it depends on: project.content-dir.

Which skin should be used is stored in the property project.skin.

Jan Matèrne