forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Karel Wouters <Karel.Wout...@esat.kuleuven.ac.be>
Subject New live site: Apache XML Security
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:25:41 GMT
Hi,

The Apache XML security project moved to Forrest.
http://xml.apache.org/security

(the ugly logo will be replaced as soon as we find some inspiration :)

Here's some feedback:

- We have multiple FAQ files, named faq.xml in different directories and
  when producing the PDF for those files, we get nullpointerexceptions:

	java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
	org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3407)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

  (the html version is fine)
  we have xdocs/faq.xml, xdocs/Java/faq.xml and xdocs/C/faq.xml
  For xdocs/faq.xml, a nice PDF is generated, but for the other two, we
  get an exception.

- In the site.xml file, we would like to define not only our external
  references, but also contacts, mailinglists. I remember vaguely having
  read something like that in the Forrest wish-list.
  We now have external-refs like:
  <kwouters label="Karel Wouters" href="mailto:kwouters@apache.org"/>

- As you see, I already defined my external-refs with an additional
  label, such that we can use the something like this in the future:
  When I have defined
  <sax label="SAX" href="http://www.megginson.com/SAX/sax.html"/>
  I guess I only need to change some XSLT files to do that, but we would
  like to stick to the 'default' Forrest version.

All thing considered, I can say that we enjoyed porting our docs to Forrest
and that we are happy with the result. It's a nice framework.
Keep up the good work!

Karel Wouters.