forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Victor Mote" <...@outfitr.com>
Subject RE: custom formatting / css
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 02:53:52 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote: (Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 7:33 PM)

> Should be pretty simple to create a compliance.pdf pipeline, if you
> modify Forrest's document2fo.xsl to create a compliance2fo.xsl:
>
> <map:match pattern="compliance.pdf">
>   <map:generate type="file-nolabel" src="content/xdocs/compliance.xml" />
>   <map:transform src="resources/stylesheets/compliance2fo.xsl"
> label="content" />
>   <map:serialize type="fo2pdf" />
> </map:match>
>
> That needs to be inserted before the generic '*.pdf' matcher.

OK, I have had the compliance2fo.xsl for some time, and have the <map:match>
as you have noted above. On my local machine, I have it much higher in the
pipeline than it is in the FOP CVS repository, but neither produces a
compliance.pdf file. I have gotten myself slightly more educated on
Cocoon -- I was not sure whether Cocoon was pushing content or responding to
requests. I (think I) now understand that Cocoon is responding to requests.
So -- is there any chance that Forrest is not sending a request for
compliance.pdf to Cocoon? Otherwise, would I not see an error in the log?
Right now, there is no mention of compliance.pdf in the log at all.

Victor Mote