forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: WYSIWYG editing: a proposal
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 16:29:17 GMT
Why not try out bitflux? especially if you are targetting cross platform and
Mozilla

http://www.bitfluxeditor.org/

It has an Apache license. Perhaps this could become an Apache project in place
of Xopus??

If you are going for a larger user-base, corporate editor, you might want to
check out XML Schema based editing using MSXML's SOM (since IE users account for
80-90% of web users...). I have been amazed at the opportunities it gives. If
that is not enough you can always affect or get info from the schema through the
XML (not DHTML) DOM. Your editors/content will then be future compatible (???)
with the Office 11 products.

best,
-Rob