forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: Cocoon & Skins
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:44:52 GMT
I suggest starting with one of the skins of the distribution.
So you can write your documents, the book.xml and get experience with that
and
generating the website.

Maybe you want to start after that with playing with the webapplication
feature
which allows you to edit the documents and "directly" see the result in the
browser.

After that you could change between the distribution-skins. Choose your
favorite one.

Then you could start your own skin by your favorite: copy the
skin-directory.
Let´s say you want to start with krysalis (which I prefer) you copy the
directory
forrest\context\skins\krysalis-site to forrest\context\skins\ines-site. Then
you change the project.skin value in your forrest.properties file. After a
new
generation you should see ... nothing new (but: no failures!).
Generation is done with your(!) skin.

Then modify the new ines-skin. Modify the layout by changing
ines-skin/xslt/html/document2html.xsl
or add new document types. Here I suggest reading the Forrest Primer
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/primer.html .

More clear? All clear :-) ?

Jan Matèrne