forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ritchie Young <Ritchie.Yo...@westone.wa.gov.au>
Subject How to put an @ in a mailto link
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:53:08 GMT
Hi,

I've started using Forrest lately and found it very useful in terms of
getting a nicely structured site up quickly.

I'm using it for an intranet site and I want to do a mailing list page. I
wanted to include a mailto: link so that users could subscribe to the
mailing list just by clicking the link so I put:

<link href="mailto:blah-subscribe@lists.westone.wa.gov.au">subscribe to
blah</link>

which resulted in:

a mailto link to the recipient 'blah-subscribe.at.lists.westone.wa.gov.au'.

Presumably, this behaviour is to foil spammers when generating Internet
sites but can it be circumvented if you really do want to generate a real
email address?

Thanks
Ritchie