forrest-dev mailing list archives

From kho braun <...@pobox.com>
Subject recipe for a forrest site at virtual directory?
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2003 22:20:19 GMT
Is there a way to generate a forrest site that can exist as part of a larger website?

I'm thinking of the scenario where the forrest site generates all pages in a docs directory
of a website.
The static forrest site docroot would be mapped into the website for example with an Alias
directive of the apache web server.

The majority of the forrest generated site would exist in subdirectories. As I'm starting
from scratch I'm not thinking of using books.xml files but using a single site.xml.

I think this requires all forrest generated links within the forrest site to be relative.
I tried looking at the implications of setting the href attribute of the site element of the
site.xml file. It is set as an empty attribute in all the examples I could see. Setting that
to for example "docs/" does part of the job but generates incorrect links for files in subdirectories.

---
kho braun.