forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/conf sitemap.xmap
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2003 20:23:46 GMT
On 29/03/2003 11:36 jefft@apache.org wrote:

> jefft       2003/03/29 02:36:19
>
>   Modified:    src/resources/conf sitemap.xmap
>   Log:
>   A much simpler redirect that seems to work just as well

Funny, I have been fighting that same redirect on Friday. I was
installing htDig on top of a Forrest webapp site, and htDig doesn't like
302 redirects - simply stops crawling. So instead, I made these
redirects internal to Cocoon - invisible to the outside world. Would you
mind me changing these to:

>          <map:match pattern="">
>   -        <map:redirect-to uri="{request:contextPath}/index.html" />
>   +        <map:redirect-to uri="index.html" />

              <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/index.html" />

>          </map:match>
>          <map:match type="regexp" pattern="^.+/$">
>   -          <map:redirect-to uri="{request:contextPath}/{0}/index.html"/>
>   +          <map:redirect-to uri="index.html"/>

                <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/{0}/index.html" />

>          </map:match>
>        </map:pipeline

instead? I'm not sure about the context path, can we just drop it?

Cheers,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org