forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Usability news website
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:16:51 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 25/03/2003 11.33:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>> ATM I was using italics, but have changed per your suggestion on
>> krysalis skin. I've also done another tweak by surrounding it with a
>> border (it looks a bit like a small page), tell me what you think of it.
>
> I like the concept. It's pretty cool. Even if it, strangely enough, give
> me a broken left border (only the left one!) on Camino.

Strange... how does it show?

>>> 4) the information about copyright, last published and tools used has
>>> been forced to be at the bottom. I would like to move them each in a
>>> different location:
>>>
>>>  - copyright at the bottom
>>
>> ok
>
> you left the publication date and the w3c buttons there.

Yes. I looked at some sites and they always show the pub date also at
the bottom. The w3c buttons need to be on every page, and it's also
common that they go there.

In this way we are able to have different places for different types of
buttons.

>>>  - buttons at the very bottom of the leftbar (could well be in the
>>> white zone after the navigation bar is finished
> well, why don't we make those buttons configurable so that one can add
> whatever he/she wants?

It has always been that way. Just add as many as you want in skinconf.xml.

You can also ask for png and put in svg files too :-)
But it breaks (well it did some time back) on the CLI :-(
(have't investigated)

>> I'm doing changes on the krysalis one for now. We will backport all
>> that seems sensible enough.
>
> since the logos and the colors are incorrect, what about creating a
> forrest-site-2 skin and work on that instead? or maybe work directly on
> the main one, what do others think about this?

I'd like that we get the CSS-only one going. Does anyone want to port
these changes to the Forrest-css one, that on iguanacharlie?

>> « Overview                      How to use Forrest »
>

> yes, I like this very much.

>>> ok, is the todo list actively maintained here?
>>
>> not from me 8-)
>
> anybody else?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -