forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Preparing DTD changes (was: Re: Steven's Terrible Commit (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/schema/dtd document-v11.mod))
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:59:19 GMT
On 24/03/2003 17:47 Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote, On 24/03/2003 17.12:
>
>> On 21/03/2003 16:53 Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

<snip type="nodding"/>

OK. I've been playing around with stuff tonight and my plan of attack
looks more or less like this:

1) update DTDs with backwards-compatible changes in HEAD this week

2) postpone backwards-incompatible changes until we have some
grammar-evolution plan:

    - I would like to keep grammars stable until after the 1.0 release
    - for post-1.0, I'd like to see heavy refactoring of the pipelines &
skinning system so that we have xdocs, sdocbook and xhtml2 as input
grammars, and xhtml1 or 2 as the intermediate grammar

I plan to support the backwards-compatible changes in the skins, too.

How does this sound?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org