forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/schema/dtd document-v11.mod
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2003 22:00:57 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 22/03/2003 12.53:
> stevenn@apache.org wrote:
>
>> stevenn     2003/03/20 05:35:55
>>
>>   Modified:    src/resources/schema/dtd document-v11.mod
>>   Log:
>>   Hm. Opening up a can of worms, I think. What do you think? 0.5 is
>> still some time away, I reckon, so we might as well do some DTD
>> changes as well.
>
> Don't we need to vote on DTD issues?

Yes, after they are done though as Steven points out.

In fact we already have substantial consensus in trying to get
DocumentDTD as near as possible to XHTML (2?), and these changes should
be in that spirit. Let's see what they bring to in practice, and then
vote to keep them or roll them back.

BTW they are all in the "semantical markup" camp, not presentational.

> Those changes will at least trigger a 1.1 -> 1.2 DTD version change.

Yup. That's why I want to see more of them done together.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -