forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/schema/dtd document-v11.mod
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2003 16:32:03 GMT
On 22/03/2003 12:53 Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> stevenn@apache.org wrote:
>
>> stevenn     2003/03/20 05:35:55
>>
>>   Modified:    src/resources/schema/dtd document-v11.mod
>>   Log:
>>   Hm. Opening up a can of worms, I think. What do you think? 0.5 is
>> still some time away, I reckon, so we might as well do some DTD
>> changes as well.
>

> Don't we need to vote on DTD issues?
>
> Those changes will at least trigger a 1.1 -> 1.2 DTD version change.

I would prefer to see where we get, and vote upon _releasing_ DTD
changes. Looking at Nicola's list, there's some chance for breaking
backward compatibility, and of course we should vote on that and support
migration. But voting for just messing around with HEAD seems a bit
overkill to me, IMHO.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org