forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Steven's Terrible Commit (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/schema/dtd document-v11.mod)
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:53:46 GMT

Tim Myers wrote, On 21/03/2003 16.18:
> While you're making changes,
> can we have <p> allowed in <li> please??
>
> In docbook, <para> or something similar is _required_ within <listitem>.
>
> It seems a list item should be allowed to contain multiple paragraphs in
> some circumstances.

We are making many changes it seems to the DTD... good, let's do most of
them then ;-)

Here's the list I'd like to see Steven commit ;-)

      -> means make the change
      nothing means it's already the same
      X means let's change later
      ? means ok id done now or later

   '-----------------'---------------------------------------'
   |  XHTML2 WD2     |       current document11 DTD          |
   '-----------------'---------------------------------------'
  *XHTML  Structure Module*

X    html              document
->   head              header
      title             title
      body              body

   *XHTML Text Module*

?     abbr              * (requested by users via dictionary links)
       acronym          acronym
?     address           * (requested by users)
?     blockquote        *
?     cite              *
       br  (deprecated)  br
       code              code
?     dfn               * (requested by users via dictionary links)
X     div               footer, legal  (requested by skinners)
       em                em
X     h                 title
?     kbd               * (needed, currently we misuse "code" instead)
X     line              br
       p                 p
X     |                 fixme   (with class attribute)
X     |                 note    (with class attribute)
X     |                 warning (with class attribute)
->    pre               source
?     quote             *
?     samp              * (needed, currently we misuse "source" instead)
       section           section
X     span              *  (requested by skinners)
       strong            strong
?     var               * (needed, currently we misuse "code" instead)

    *XHTML Hypertext Module*

->     a                 link (already decided to reduce)
->     |                 jump (already decided to reduce)
->     |                 fork (already decided to reduce)
->     |                 anchor

   * XHTML List Module*

      dl                dl
      dt                dt
      dd                dd
X     nl                * (makes multilinks possible, very cool)
X     name              * (part of nl spec)
      ol                ol
      ul                ul
      li                li

    *XHTML Linking Module*

      link element      book.xml

      Metainformation Module

->      meta             abstract (never used)
->      |                authors
->      |                person
->      |                subtitle (never used)
->      |                type     (never used)
->      |                version
->      |                notice   (never used)

     *XHTML Object Module*

X      object           img
X      |                icon   (never used)
X      |                figure (never used)

   *XHTML Presentation Module*

X     hr               *
       sub              sub
       sup              sup

Easy to add.

    *XHTML Tables Module*

      caption           caption
      table             table
->   tbody             *
      td                td
      th                th
->   thead             * (needed, currently misusing caption)
->   tfoot             * (needed, currently misusing other tags)
      tr                tr

             - verba volant, scripta manent -