forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Steven's Terrible Commit (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/schema/dtd document-v11.mod)
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:00:32 GMT
On 21/03/2003 12:45 Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 03:56:56PM +0100, Steven Noels wrote:
>
>>On 20/03/2003 14:35 stevenn@apache.org wrote:
>>

>>>stevenn     2003/03/20 05:35:55
>>>
>>>Modified:    src/resources/schema/dtd document-v11.mod Log: Hm.
>>>Opening up a can of worms, I think. What do you think? 0.5 is still
>>>some time away, I reckon, so we might as well do some DTD changes.
>>
>>Comments, please... what do you think? Is there sufficient interest to
>>go through a (possibly painful) DTD refactoring? Itches are there, I'm
>>just afraid (as many of you, perhaps) that there won't be sufficient
>>time to scratch between releases.
>

> ;) Subject is just my twisty sense of humour.

I like, don't you worry: today, I'm the semantic sucker! :-)

 > I'm fine with the change.
> We probably should go even further - seemingly petty DTD limitations are
> very frustrating.  As long as before 0.5 is released, we fix up the DTD
> versioning.

Yup. I've looked into that DTD-deficiencies thing for inspiration, but
dropped some because of laziness or utter despise - all highly personal,
of course. I'll run through it again and see which other ones I could
tackle and report back.

Any suggestions towards versioning? If changes are backward-compatible
(I'm trying hard), will we bump PUBLIC identifiers (meaning people need
to be aware of them), version files explicitely instead of abusing CVS
for that...?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org