forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject inconsistent buggy behaviour between CLI and Jetty
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:23:03 GMT

I was trying today to start with the long-due overhaul of our company
website, stuff for which I had already been preparing some source files
for. So I basically rebuilt my local shbat, and mayhem was on me. The
funny thing is that there's a difference in behaviour between the CLI
and the Jetty invocation.

The problem starts with having to add ".../index.html" to my @href on my

   <menu label="About">
     <menu-item label="Who we are" href="whoweare/index.html"/>

If I don't, Cocoon fails with some SourceException:

org.apache.cocoon.CascadingIOException: SourceException:
org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException: Exception
during processing of cocoon://whoweare/index.html:
org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException: Exception during
  processing of cocoon://whoweare/index.html

... caused by some lower-down-the-line exception:

Caused by: org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: No pipeline
matched request: whoweare/tab-index.xml

Running Forrest as a webapp however does not causes this error.

I've been looking into various places of the various (hehe) sitemaps,
but cannot easily locate where to look.

Mind you I'm not using site.xml yet, and would like to get things up &
running first with simple book.xml's

Any idea?

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at