forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon upgrade
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:44:45 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote, On 14/03/2003 16.28:
> Hi all,
>
> For the last week I've been fighting with Cocoon, trying to get something
> usable from CVS, and have finally succeeded.

Excellent.

BTW, the last speed reports about optimizations in the CLI (not yet in
CVS) have brought a time of 4'30' to about 3'30'' (IIRC). Not excactly
what I hoped for, but still a good start. I'm keeping track of it, and
have high hopes  :-)

> I've also completely rewritten the sitemap, putting the source pipelines
> into separate subsitemaps.  Makes the whole thing more user-friendly and
> extensible.  In the near future I'd like to further componentize things
> like stylesheets and jars, perhaps even adopting Cocoon block
> infrastructure.
>
> So if there's no objections, tomorrow I will:
>
> - Tag CVS
> - Commit new Cocoon jars and sitemaps

Ok. I will then commit the small fixes for the PDF-print-source icons on
the pages later. If BTW you have removed them from the sitemap, (the
printable and source matches), +1 to that.

After much thinking: basically I want to substitute the printable-page
link with a "print" link. Making a specific printabloe page where there
is a CSS profile for it, I concede, sucks.

As for the source, I want to be able to make it show the content view,
but I can't get it to work from the CLI.

Anyway, that's the status.

> - switch off the forrestbot auto-Forrest-update, judging that it is more
>   valuable as a service to Forrest users than a value to Forrest, when
>   things are changing so drastically.

Yes, agreed.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -