forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WYSIWYG editing: a proposal
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 00:04:42 GMT
Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> Looks great!
> (IE 6, Win 2K)
>
> Though, tried to insert an image and got an ... image with an exception from
> Cocoon ;). Is it the intended behavior (say temporary) or something else?

It's a bug. :-) Work is heavily unfinished, and this was meant just as a
  preview:I hope to find some time in the next few days to clean it up.
My question however is if you guys think that this can be a viable
addition to Forrest. If so, I'll do my best to stay close to the forrest
layouts and internals, if not, I'll go my own way. :-)

> When/if this editor is ready we can add an image near the PDF icon with
> 'Edit' label instead of the link above. And when it's ready then probably
> I'll setup Forrest to be used as a documentation framework in our company.
> That means that I'll be able to participate in development.

Cool. :-) For the record, we consider this code already as OSS stuff, be
it accepted or not by this community. So if everyone wants the sources
(actually I should say the "configurations", since there is no source
involved, just XSLT, CSS and a couple of mods to the HTMLArea code),
just grab http://htmlarea.cocoondev.org/htmlarea.war (Steven, feel free
to zap it if it takes too much bandwith) and feel free to use/hack it. :-)

--
Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l.