forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Myers <phan...@pirouline.sts.jhu.edu>
Subject Re: Will xsp be part of forrest?
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:02:04 GMT
Jay,

You are very correct.

> >From this week I am working on compiled cvs version of forrest.
> I cannot get xsp nor jsp working with current cvs version.
>
> With the current cvs:/src/resources/conf/cocoon.xconf there seems no
> xsp(correct me if I am wrong).
You just need to add in the right stuff to cocoon.xconf.  From the "edit"
patch that i sent to this list a couple of days ago, just use the
cocoon.xconf piece of the patch.  That will only get xsp going, not jsp.

> It made me think if xsp going to be on supported in forrest in future
> release.
I wonder about this also.  I can see plenty of reasons why it wouldn't be
wanted in forrest-- but it is just so much fun.

I think any editing system (wiki editing+slide+forrest) would best be
implemented with the flow engine and it is probably not included right now
for probably the same reasons as xsp.  It would be neat to see blocks in
forrest, or forrest as a block.

Tim