forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon & Skins
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:49:05 GMT
On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 10:13:13AM +0100, Ines Robbers wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've downloaded Forrest and read the documentation but some things are
> still not clear to me:
>
> Cocoon and Tomcat are already installed on my computer and I want to use
> Forrest with it.
> I "seeded" a new website which worked fine but how exactly does Forrest
> work "in" or "with" Cocoon?

Forrest is effectively a Cocooon distribution.  It includes its own copy
of Cocoon.

> I didn't start Tomcat/Cocoon and Forrest works anyway. There doesn't
> seem to be any connection between them.

Correct.

> Do I have to copy Forrest-files into Cocoon maybe or do I have to seed
> my new project into the Cocoon folder?

Just add the bin/ directory to your path and type 'forrest' to generate
static HTML/PDF.

> Another thing I don't understand is how to apply one's own skin. Where
> do I place a modified copy of the forrest-site skin?
> Somewhere in my xml-forrest folder or somewhere in the new project's
> folder - and there, do I put it into the build folder or in src?

Put it in src/documentation/skins/<skin name>, and then define
'project.skin=<skin name>' in your forrest.properties.  See
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html#new_skin

--Jeff