forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: custom formatting / css
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 03:25:31 GMT
On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 07:53:52PM -0700, Victor Mote wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote: (Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 7:33 PM)
>
> > Should be pretty simple to create a compliance.pdf pipeline, if you
> > modify Forrest's document2fo.xsl to create a compliance2fo.xsl:
> >
> > <map:match pattern="compliance.pdf">
> >   <map:generate type="file-nolabel" src="content/xdocs/compliance.xml" />
> >   <map:transform src="resources/stylesheets/compliance2fo.xsl"
> > label="content" />
> >   <map:serialize type="fo2pdf" />
> > </map:match>
> >
> > That needs to be inserted before the generic '*.pdf' matcher.
>
> OK, I have had the compliance2fo.xsl for some time, and have the <map:match>
> as you have noted above. On my local machine, I have it much higher in the
> pipeline than it is in the FOP CVS repository, but neither produces a
> compliance.pdf file. I have gotten myself slightly more educated on
> Cocoon -- I was not sure whether Cocoon was pushing content or responding to
> requests. I (think I) now understand that Cocoon is responding to requests.
> So -- is there any chance that Forrest is not sending a request for
> compliance.pdf to Cocoon?

Oh, yes..

Cocoon goes through each page (starting with index.html), and after
rendering it, extracts all the links to other pages, and renders them.
If no other pages reference compliance.pdf, it won't be rendered.

I suggest you add a <a href="compliance.pdf"> link to the output of your
compliance2html.xsl stylesheet.

Btw, you can debug what links a page has by typing 'forrest run', and
then requesting http://localhost:8888/compliance.html?cocoon-view=links

--Jeff