forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any body else getting a message like this?
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:14:03 GMT
On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 05:30:38PM +0300, Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> From: "Jeff Turner" <jefft@apache.org>

> > > Ok, xmllint DOES exist for Cygwin.
> >
> > That's good.  Here's some tips on using xmllint to validate Forrest XML:
> >

> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/validation.html#Case+study%3A+setting+up+xmlli
> nt
>
> It'd be also fine to explain what the vim settings mean and how to use them.
> We - Windows/Cygwin and eventual Linux users - would be very happy. ;)

  au FileType xml set makeprg=xmllint\ --noout\ --valid\ --catalogs\ %
  au FileType xml set efm=%A%f:%l:\ %.%#error:\ %m,%-Z%p^,%-C%.%#

Sets up two "autocommands" that trigger when an XML file is loaded.
First the 'makeprg' is set to the xmllint command, so typing ':make'
triggers xmllint, instead of GNU make.  Then in order to jump to errors,
we set the errorformat (efm) to some cryptic string described by ':help
errorformat'.

Pretty obvious really.

:)

--Jeff