forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest on OS/390
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:45:02 GMT
On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 09:10:02AM +0100, Oliver Alth wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I will try to replace to Xerces. Where do I have to put it to be recognized
> by all components of forrest?

Put it in lib/endorsed/, and remove the old Xerces.

> Do you think that it is the cocoon.xconf file that is causing the problems?

Depends on what the actual and declared character encoding of the file
is.  If it's ASCII (and therefore probably unreadable on your system
without a special editor), there should be no problem.  If it's EBCDIC,
then is must have an XML declaration, and the problem might be the
newline (NEL) issue.

--Jeff