forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest on OS/390 USS
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:01:21 GMT
On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 03:27:46PM +0100, Oliver Alth wrote:
> Hello Jeff,
>  I just tried something "the other
> way round". That means I extracted all files
> from the .tar file without conversion, then I converted
> the files forrest, forrestbot and ant
> (the shell scripts) from ascii to ebcdic.
>
> When calling forrest, I get the following exception:
>

> Deleting directory /u/uni1/test/build/tmp/work
> Created dir: /u/uni1/test/build/tmp/work
> Copying 3 files to /u/uni1/test/build/site
> Copying 19 files to /u/uni1/test/build/site/skin/images
> Copying 3 files to /u/uni1/test/build/site/skin
>
> Setup...FATAL_E 2003-03-17 14:20:46.473 [        ] (): Exception caught
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in trailing section.

Typically cryptic Xerces error.  Is there any indication which file it's
referring to?  Running with 'forrest -Dproject.debuglevel=DEBUG' should
print more useful things.

To debug, it might be best to ignore Forrest altogether for a moment, and
try just parsing an XML file using Xerces.  That should flush out
encoding problems.  I've got a bit of Java code that does this at
http://www.opensource.socialchange.net.au/validator/

--Jeff