forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest on OS/390 Unix System Services
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:21:09 GMT
On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 10:18:58AM +0100, Oliver Alth wrote:
> Hello Jeff,
>
> this is the end of the output of forrest (it is quite longer).

> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /u/uni1/test/src/documentation/content/xdocs/book
> -cocoon-v10.dtd (EDC5129I No such file or directory.)

This attempt to find content/xdocs/book-cocoon-v10.dtd happens when the
XML catalog fails to locate the DTD.

Btw, you can disable all this validation with 'forrest
-Dforrest.validate=false'.

> I'am a little bit confused about this EBCDIC conversion.
>
> Currently, I am converting all files to EBCDIC except
> those with the endings XML, JAR, ZIP, RNG, RNG, DTD.
> I found out that I have to convert at least the .sh files
> as they are corrupt and not readable when I just unpack them
> from the archive.
> At first, everything is unpacked, then I "overwrite"
> those files that should NOT be converted like this:
>
> # now, get all jar files and overwrite them without conversion
> w, get all jar files and overwrite them without conversion
> echo 'Overwrite jar Files without EBCDIC conversion...'
> for i in `pax -f apache-forrest-current-bin.tar | grep -E jar$`
> do
> pax -rv -f apache-forrest-current-bin.tar $i
> done

:|  I have no idea about EBCDIC conversion.  *.xml and *.dtd are unicode,
and shouldn't be converted unless you want to edit them in EBCDIC format
(in which case, edit the <?xml ...?> declarations).  The catalog file
(context/resources/schema/catalog) might have to be converted.  You could
try 'forrest -Dforrest.catalog.verbosity=10' to ensure any errors in
catalog resolution are printed.

> If I just unpack everything and only convert the
> .sh script for executing forrest (this must be done,
> otherwise I can't execute it!), I will get the following
> error message:
>
> Apache Forrest.  Run 'forrest -projecthelp' to list options

> org/apache/tools/ant/Main
> UNI1:/u/uni1/test>

The build/dist/shbat/bin/forrest script constructs a CLASSPATH.
Evidently this is somehow corrupt, because ant.jar isn't being found.
Can you hack the forrest script and add an 'echo $CLASSPATH' to see
what's happening?

--Jeff