forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: help, i have broken xml-site website a bit
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2003 02:47:16 GMT
On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 01:30:05PM +1100, David Crossley wrote:
> The http://xml.apache.org/ website was already a bit
> broken because it was missing the Forrest logo in the
> bottom-left corner.
>
> Now it is missing the new validation images and the
> new PDF image.
>
> I presume that the cronjob on the webserver is not
> copying the skin/images/*

That's what I've assumed too.  What's in xml-site looks correct.

> Also, the font size is smaller than that of
> the xml.apache.org/forrest/ site. I presume that
> that is because skin/page.css is similarly not updated.
>
> How do we get that fixed? I think that i need to send
> email to infrastructure@ ... but i thought that i would
> ask here first.
>
> Also, i forgot that this is the first website update
> since we added the full HTML doctype declaration.
> Is that okay?

Sure.

Though, having tried to use the new doctype declaration with aft.sf.net,
I think we should consider removing it.

When browser quirks mode is turned off, the browser relies on more
explicit signals for determining things like table widths.  Without CSS
support in doc-v11, we cannot provide these cues.  We need extra browser
leniency to guess information that we're not letting users tell the
browser.

Anyway, just a thought, not a proposal yet..

--Jeff