forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon upgrade
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:22:43 GMT
On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 04:44:45PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Jeff Turner wrote, On 14/03/2003 16.28:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >For the last week I've been fighting with Cocoon, trying to get something
> >usable from CVS, and have finally succeeded.
>
> Excellent.
>
> BTW, the last speed reports about optimizations in the CLI (not yet in
> CVS) have brought a time of 4'30' to about 3'30'' (IIRC). Not excactly
> what I hoped for, but still a good start. I'm keeping track of it, and
> have high hopes  :-)

Hope so, because despite some attempts at optimizing, Forrest will become
about 10% slower with the latest Cocoon :/

> >I've also completely rewritten the sitemap, putting the source pipelines
> >into separate subsitemaps.  Makes the whole thing more user-friendly and
> >extensible.  In the near future I'd like to further componentize things
> >like stylesheets and jars, perhaps even adopting Cocoon block
> >infrastructure.
> >
> >So if there's no objections, tomorrow I will:
> >
> >- Tag CVS
> >- Commit new Cocoon jars and sitemaps
>
> Ok. I will then commit the small fixes for the PDF-print-source icons on
> the pages later. If BTW you have removed them from the sitemap, (the
> printable and source matches), +1 to that.

Ah, yes actually.  Good..

> After much thinking: basically I want to substitute the printable-page
> link with a "print" link. Making a specific printabloe page where there
> is a CSS profile for it, I concede, sucks.
>
> As for the source, I want to be able to make it show the content view,
> but I can't get it to work from the CLI.

In the new sitemap, every *.xml file is served from a pipeline, not
directly from the filesystem.  So in index.html, one could simply have
<link href="index.xml">view source</link>.

--Jeff