forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: [strawpoll] use of excelon/progress stylus studio
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:33:55 GMT
I know Stylus Studio from my last job. It's very nice. I heard that they
were working on a WYSIWYG XSLT for XSL-FO editor (similar to the great one
for HTML). Is there any progress/news on that? It would be a pretty hot
feature for FOP/Cocoon-world. A lot of people would jump on that as soon
as it is available. Big vacuum there.

Too bad that the software is too expensive (300$) for me to buy for
private use (me being between jobs). :-(

On 13.03.2003 14:15:57 Steven Noels wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've been contacted by Progress/Excelon to discuss some new features
> they are looking into adding in some upcoming version of Stylus Studio.
>
> Most importantly (to me), they are aiming to provide full XML Entity
> Catalog support to v5 upon my request (OK, I used my Apache hat to
> motivate them), so that people can edit Forrest document-v11 docs
> without being peskered with unresolvable doctype declarations.
>
> Related to my enquiry, the Excelon guy also suggested they would be
> willing to implement "better Cocoon support" inside Stylus, and we can
> all dream what that might be: sitemap syntax highlighting and
> completion, pipeline debugging, and whatnot. Their XSLT syntax
> completion is already quite nice, and they make use of Xalan/J and /C++
> internally in their product.
>
> Before starting to influence Excelon into some direction, I'd like to
> know whether Stylus is in heavy use by the Cocoon community. Please get
> back to me if you are using Stylus, and if you have compelling
> Cocoon-related questions/suggestions for them.
>
> I don't know whether this is a Real Thing yet, but it might as well
> become one if we come up with some good stuff to add.
>
> I have no relationship with Excelon/Progress except that Outerthought is
> an educational partner, and we are allowed to provide attendees of our
> XML/XSLT courses with a free copy of the tool.
>
> Cheers, and thanks for any remarks.
>
> </Steven>
> --
> Read my weblog at            http://blogs.cocoondev.org/stevenn/