forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: images in local dirs -- solved
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 13:28:47 GMT

On 06.03.2003 14:14:30 Jeff Turner wrote:
> >  PS: what is the current situation with images in PDFs?
>
> There's two aspects:
>
>  - Last I tried, FOP from CVS gave some NPEs when run with Forrest, and
>    got alignments wrong, and this prevented us from using it.  Quite
>    likely things have since improved.
>  - To use the latest FOP, Forrest needs a hacked Cocoon jar.  When I
>    tried to synch with the latest Cocoon a few days ago, performance fell
>    by ~30% and various pages failed in odd ways, so I didn't commit.
>
> In other words, I have my head in the sand hoping problems in FOP and
> Cocoon will go away by the time I next try them.  For now, the only thing
> to do is hand-generate the PDFs :/

If you're talking about "FOP from CVS" we need to separate the
maintenance branch (where the current releases comes from) and the trunk
(where the redesign happens). AFAIK the hacked Cocoon jar is only
necessary for the redesigned FOP. If you used FOP 0.20.5rc2
(or from CVS tag "fop-0_20_2-maintain") I think it should work out of
the box with Cocoon (though I haven't tried).

Anyway, what exactly are the problems? Can you tell me how to reproduce
them? Maybe I can help.

Jeremias Maerki