forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Foreign html + javascript links + .js file
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 11:28:28 GMT
On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 11:06:42AM +1000, Peter B. West wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
> >On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 09:59:52PM +1000, Peter B. West wrote:
> >
> >>Jeff,
> >>
> >>Thanks.  That's exactly what I want to do.  I presume that I must simply
> >>maintain all the proper relativities in the links between these files,
> >>and back to the generated files?
> >

> >Yes, usual linking rules apply (you can use 'site:' links if you want).
> >If you had:
>
> We have no site.xml, which I assume is why site: does not work in book.xml.

Yes, site.xml is optional.  It allows <link href="site:<ref>">, where
<ref> is a partial XPath locator into a site.xml file.  Info at
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/linking.html

> In .../xdocs/design/alt.design/properties/book.xml I have
>
>     <menu-item label="Classes overview" href="classes-overview.html"/>
>
> in .../xdocs/design/alt.design/properties/ is
> classes-overview.ehtml
>
> The validation proceeds ok, but the link is broken.  What am I doing wrong?

Could you commit to FOP CVS or mail me the directory?  It all seems to
work for me:

* [0] design/alt.design/properties/classes-overview.html

Attached is the properties/ directory I used.

--Jeff