forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Foreign html + javascript links + .js file
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 11:43:43 GMT
On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 09:20:28PM +1000, Peter B. West wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't been following the argument for a few weeks, so I am after the
>  currently recommended method of creating and integrating files which
> should source a .js file in script tags, and support javascript: hrefs
> which will have the effect of displaying/hiding foreign html in inline
> frames.  In a previous life, the foreign html (including the html which
> referenced it) was dropped into src/documentation/content beside xdocs/
>
> So, in a nutshell;
>
> How do I describe the main files?
> How do these files get the .js contents into the script element?
> Where do I put the foreign html and how do I refer to it?

You could have a regular well-formed HTML file:

    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="resources/script.js"/>
    <h1>Blah ..</h1>

If saved with a .ehtml extension ("embedded html"), everything below the

There is an example of this at
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/forrestbar.html

Does that help?  I'm a bit hazy on what you're trying to do.

--Jeff