forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: xml catalog format
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 11:33:43 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> David,
>
> I was running into some troubles getting XXE to understand the Forrest
> (XML) catalog, and had to revert to using the non-XML version of the
> catalog
> (http://www.xmlmind.com/pipermail/xmleditor-support/2003-March/000912.html)
>
> Then I saw your comment w.r.t. the Ant xmlcatalog thing in
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-forrest/src/resources/schema/catalog.xcat.diff?r1=1.6&r2=1.7

> and
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-forrest/src/resources/schema/catalog.xcat?rev=1.7&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

> - what is the situation w.r.t. Ant's xmlcatalog support ATM?

I do not know. That was the workaround that we had to use at
the time. The problem may be gone now. Another case of workarounds
and old documentation coming back to bite us.

It was quite a while since Resolver and Ant xmlcatalog
were discussed on the xml-commons list. I do not follow
ant lists.

> If there's
> no evolution, why not bring the XML catalog fully up-to-spec
> again so that more compliant tools can use it.

Please do. I cannot remember where Forrest actually used the
XML Catalog (catalog.xcat). I think that we only use the
plain-text version (catalog) in Forrest's builds.

Sorry, i cannot help more - going away on holidays in a few hours.

--David