forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Schlierf, Stephan" <Stephan.Schli...@VSA.de>
Subject Newbie questions
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:21:13 GMT
Hello,

I'm more or less a newbie to Forrest (not only Forrest, I acknowledge my
ignorance ;-) - so, please don't be bored with a few questions I would like
to ask.
1) I would like to have a quite flexible document structure; let me give an
example for it:
Presume we have five seperate documents, say A, B, C, D, E. Now I would like
to do the following:
Besides their own own text, document A should include the documents B and D;
document B should include document C and document D should include document
E.
Transformed to HTML, these include-associations should be represented as
links.
Transformed to PDF, they should appear according to the sequence they appear
in the respective documents.
Is something like this already supported by Forrest ?
Maybe with the XInclude capability in version 0.5?
Does anybody else face the same problem and maybe has already a solution for
it?
When will version 0.5 be available (I mean, not via cvs)?

2) A couple of days ago I posted a message concerning the date and time in
the copyright line (I use the Forrest skin). As far as I can see now, date
and time are correct if you generate a static HTML-website (by using
"forrest site"). But if you use the "forrest webapp" command, date and time
are set to January, 1st, 1970. BTW, no changes were made in the respective
"footer"-section in the site2xhtml.xsl document.
Is this a know bug, an unexpected feature or just caused by my ignorance
concerning doing things right ?
Is there a way to tell Forrest that the "Last modified" date reflects the
date the specific site was modified so that one can have documents with
different timestamps in a way they were actually modified?

Thank you very much for your help - and thank you very much for Forrest :-)

Stephan