forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <kpiroum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Dynamic sitemaps
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 11:56:07 GMT
From: "Jeff Turner" <jefft@apache.org>
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 09:06:48PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > >The 'sitemap' matcher then assembles a sitemap unique to the current
> > >project.  We can have configuration files which direct the assembly of
> > >the sitemap, or even inspect the xdocs themselves (if a community/
> > >directory is present, pull in community/* matchers).  This way, we can
> > >get rid of all those hacky resource-exists checks.
> >
> > Hacky or not, they are conceptually needed. Your solution still checks
> > for a resource-exists, but it does it "statically". Your proposal is
> > tightly binded with the resource-exists thing.
>
> *Something* has to examine the files and construct a sitemap, but it
> wouldn't be a resource-exists action.  Probably some sort of Libre-like
> generator to generate a map of the filesystem with type info, which could
> then be converted to a sitemap.

Something like this would be also useful for i18n: that *something* could
determine all the avaiable translations of a particular document,e g.:
index.xml, index_en.xml, index_ru.xml, etc and will provide that information
to the sitemap.

I'd rather see it implemented as a protocol or an input module rather than a
sitemap preprocessor/generator.

--
  Konstantin