forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Ines Robbers" <ml...@comprehend.de>
Subject Cocoon & Skins
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:13:13 GMT
Hello!

I've downloaded Forrest and read the documentation but some things are
still not clear to me:

Cocoon and Tomcat are already installed on my computer and I want to use
Forrest with it.
I "seeded" a new website which worked fine but how exactly does Forrest
work "in" or "with" Cocoon?
I didn't start Tomcat/Cocoon and Forrest works anyway. There doesn't
seem to be any connection between them.
Do I have to copy Forrest-files into Cocoon maybe or do I have to seed
my new project into the Cocoon folder?

Another thing I don't understand is how to apply one's own skin. Where
do I place a modified copy of the forrest-site skin?
Somewhere in my xml-forrest folder or somewhere in the new project's
folder - and there, do I put it into the build folder or in src?

I'd appreciate your help very much!!
Thanks!

Ines