forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: Site.xml questions.
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:43:54 GMT
Hi,

Don't know if that someone was me, but I have included an example site.xml and
the W3 XML Schema. There is a little documentation in the XML Schema. I used XML
Spy to generate some documentation but even zipped it is about 120k (mainly the
PNGs), so I thought it was a little much to send to the list. If you have a
graphical viewer (like Spy) for XML Schema's it would make it easier to
understand. If anyone wants I can send off the generated docs.

I also included an HTML/JS/MSXML4 nav. It loads an XSL (sitetree.xsl), loads the
XML and assigns the Schema to it. Then it transforms the site.xml into a nav
tree. The nav tree is basically XML so it uses the nav.css to display it
properly. You can play around with the site.xml and display nav.html in IE to
check validity.

I use the site.xml to build things like the nav, tabs, snailtrail, pager, to
create valid links, and ensure everything in the site is correct (see the keys
and keyrefs in the site Schema).

If people are up for more site.xml talk, I am all for it :)

best,
-Rob