forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Site.xml questions.
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:24:47 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote, On 25/02/2003 22.33:
> The site.xml is too abstract for me to get my head around.  I need some
> help understanding how the site.xml relates to the menus for tabs.

Simple, they are not related.

> I have the enclosed site.xml and tabs.xml files, but when I generate my
> site, I get nothing in the menu for the tabs.

In the tabs you define that the tabs refer directories, for example
guiapp. In the site you define guiapp as a link.

So the tab links to the guiapp dir, but in site.xml there is no link to
the guiapp dir...

> Also, I find it anoying that the full Site.xml menu is rendered for the
> first level pages.  Is there any way to suppress that behavior?

Enhance the skin.

> I will
> be having some project specific documentation in connection with a main
> site, so I want everything to blend nicely.  I am not seeing how this
> can be done without using the old book.xml format--which I would rather
> not do.  HOwever it is not convenient to have to manage my menu in a
> global context to have my local content rendered.

Could you please expand on this?

> I want to have my tabs set up, and then the sites for the associated
> projects linked to--without getting the annoying error pages.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -