forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: No cwiki in 0.3.x? (Re: Quirks -> Standards-compliance mode rendering)
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 10:29:46 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote, On 09/02/2003 11.20:
> On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 12:43:11PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>Jeff Turner wrote, On 08/02/2003 12.25:

> Tried to with an updated chaperon and chaperon block, but I hit this
> exception:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.excalibur.source.Source.getURI()Ljava/lang/String;
>
> So looks like we can't get this wiki stuff working without upgrading
> Cocoon,

Now you understand my question about merging the FOP branch ;-)

> which would break sitemap backwards-compat, which I really don't
> think we should do in the 0.3.x series.
>
> So how about:
>  - release 0.3.1 with cwiki completely removed
>  - upgrade Cocoon and if everything seems to work, do a 0.4 alpha release
>    (alpha indicating that sitemap contracts are liable to break).

The cwiki stuff now should work, I thought I fixed it, but the
forrestbot.cocoondev still seems to not be working on it %-)

Personally I'd just skip 0.3.1 and go for 0.4 anyway.

>>BTW, thinking about iguanacharlie, I think that maybe the best thing is
>>to kep krysalis-site as-is and move the forrest-site one to CSS. I'd
>>prefer we keep a skin that still uses tables. Is that ok?
>
> Wouldn't it be better to have iguanacharlie as a completely independent
> forrest-css skin?  Seems better to make a clean break, than to gradually
> lose forrest-site's compatibility with old browsers.

As we did with the first switch we did, yes. I was talking about a
long-term goal, +1 for your suggestion.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -