forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: maven and forrest
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 10:02:48 GMT

dion@multitask.com.au wrote, On 09/02/2003 9.29:
> Several people have mentioned this is possible from the forrest team.
>
> I haven't been able to find out how this is accomplished from the forrest
> web site, other than invoking the ant scripts.
>
> Nicola Ken Barozzi may know, as he has stated that "there is no
> technological reason why Forrest cannot include Maven-generated docs in
> the site".
>
> See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=james-dev&m=104374560229993&w=2

It would have to be done, but it's quite easy, as I've done a similar
thing some time back, and I do it with Centipede. If you can give me a
hand, we can have it done in short order.

I reckon (please correct me if I'm wrong), that the use-case would be
that a user writes the documentation as normal Forrest docs (using
xdoc11, html or wiki syntax), and want the generated docs to be included
in the site.

Questions:
- Is there an intermediate format for them or are they transformed to
the final output already?
- where are they put after generation? (dir layout)

If it's possible to generate them without the navigation bars, the
easiest thing is to make them output to *.ihtml and include them in the
source file dir layout. They will be picked up by Forrest and rendered.
The only thing left is to add them to the navigation, and add a book for
them. But we'll do that later.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -