forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Miles Elam <mi...@geekspeak.org>
Subject Re: Quirks -> Standards-compliance mode rendering
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2003 18:09:56 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> The last time I checked http://forrest.iguanacharlie.com/ with Mozilla
> 1.2 on W2K, I wasn't very happy with it - distorted layout and all.
> Miles? I was wondering whether the rounded tab corners would be the
> reason. I'm +0 on dropping them if that simplifies stuff.
> http://www.betaversion.org/~stefano/software/forrest/1.5/ hasn't got
> them, neither.

The tabs are fine.  The problem was that I gave the whole nav a minimum
width for the rounded bottom.  I have removed the rounded bottom.  Comments?

It appears that a font was set smaller than mine for the default (I
would imagine because I have not reduced the defaults for page display
-- I have found that most developers appear to prefer their text smaller
than the default).  Would some people prefer the default text to be
smaller (Note that the font size can be adjusted by your browser without
breaking the layout)?

Same bat time.  Same bat URL.  (Sorry...obscure cultural joke)

- Miles