forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Quirks -> Standards-compliance mode rendering
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2003 13:59:51 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>> Nah, getting out of quirks mode is an important step; it's all our
>> problem to fix..
>>
>> That said, if you fix; cool :)
>>
>> Btw, want me to merge the cwiki stuff or are you okay with it?  With
>> cwiki working, I think we can do a 0.3.1 release.
>

> You mean the latest patch about the final cwiki verycool grammar?
> You wanna do it?
>
> Cool, I like it when others do the work for me :-)

:-)

> BTW, thinking about iguanacharlie, I think that maybe the best thing is
> to kep krysalis-site as-is and move the forrest-site one to CSS. I'd
> prefer we keep a skin that still uses tables. Is that ok?

See my screenshots - still some outstanding issues so it seems. That
cwiki stuff, much against my prejudices, will serve well when I hack
xdocs output onto the Wiki. Bruno once ventured into SAXifying JSPWiki,
but it seems cwiki format needs the fuzzy-parserness of Chaperon. This
might serve well as a wiki->documentation migration path.

I must silently admit that this Wiki thing, with its little semantical
markup capabilities, almost seems enough for PODO [1]. An interesting
trail might be to add something site.xml-like to the Wiki, perhaps also
authored as a Wiki document... and fed into the menu pipeline.

Hmmmmm.....

[1] Plain Old handwritten DOcumentation, as compared to generated stuff
from the Java sources and alike :-)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org