forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Xinclude and (in)validation
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 22:37:09 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Anyway, the problem of having a single big file without chunking is
> still a problem. Do you think we should keep a single file (maybe split
> with entities) and chunk it dynamically or make a "book" by binding
> different files?

What about the paginating transformer? I never worked with it, and I
know it still has some issues, who might have been solved to do
http://www.xume.be/ - but I could bug these guys to contribute patches.

Looking at that document, you need both:

  - splitting up in entities (or xincluded fragments for easy editing)
  - chunk it up in dices for easier web consumption
  - during this chunking process, have access to the overall tree of the
document to generate tocs & x-references

I know this doesn't help you, but at least you won't find yourself alone
now. :-)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org