forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Ed Steenhoek" <>
Subject How do tabs.xml and site.xml interact?
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 15:53:31 GMT

I'm trying to get into the habits of Forrest as an "end-user". Just a

few days back I started using the 0.3 release that now has site.xml
for managing the sitemap.

What I haven't been able to find is some words about the way tabs.xml

and site.xml interact.
My first efforts lead to a navigation tree on the HOME tab that
contains the full sitemap. I would like to get to a solution where
the other tabs are not shown on the home tab. Is this something that
should be possible already in 0.3?
How does the engine knows which tab to link to which element in
site.xml? By element name?
I saw an example on the Forrest site where a tab showed only that
part of the sitemap relevant to that tab. Is this a goal ore already
reality for the current release?

I hope some of you can shine a sparkle of light on this by some
explanation or some words on the Forrest site that I apparently

Kind regards,

Ed Steenhoek

View raw message