forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshua P. Dady" <...@indecisive.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Full vs. truncated menus
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 15:29:00 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> IMHO, I would opt for a mixed solution:
>
>  - index page shows root content and restricted directory entries (only
> one level deep)

This is precisely something I wanted when last I had time to work on
such things - a restricted directory that would be rendered as an item
when not in that directory or as a list of stuff when you are.  I also
wanted to be able to glob for entries in that menu (i.e., a menu
containing a category of function reference pages, set the entries to
"func.*.html" and have it figure out that it means the set of entries
that can be generated from func.*.xml) but that's another matter
entirely.  ;)

[Snip long discussion that I'm not awake enough yet to parse]

   -Josh