forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Xinclude and (in)validation
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:02:59 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Just be prepared.

We (Bruno & I) briefly exchanged two words about this, trying to find
some reason to get this out of the way. When work is done on the next
iteration of xReporter, we might as well give the XNI XInclude thingy
which Joerg suggested a go (I know, this should be discussed on
cocoon-dev/xml-commons, will move there when it becomes more than just
some freewheeling thoughts).

Now, there exist already an XInclude Transformer in Cocoon. If we add
the XNI XInclude thingy onto the start of the pipeline, and someone
injects other XInclude declarations into the stream using some XSLT
later on, which should be processed by the XInclude Transformer, there
is a chance for a mismatch between the features & functionalities of
both XInclude-providing implementations.

                 XNI                  XSLT              XI Transformer
XML+XInclude  ------>   XML proper  ------>  XML+XInclude  ------> XML

So we must be absolutely sure both implementations work in the same way.

Food for thought.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org